A client-server, platform-independent software package
for searching, managing, and recording television shows. Currently,
the project is in early alpha, consisting only of a small web-services
backend (using the Apache AXIS project's SOAP/WSDL implementation), as
well as the beginnings of a client application.
- 12/20/2002 - Uploaded initial website, released version 0.0.2.
- 12/3/2002 - Fixed broken email address... completed Sourceforge
- 12/2/2002 - Initial project organization work, and writeup in
preparation for listing on SourceForge.net
- Configuration backend (for storing paths to the various utilities
for grabbing, and playing back video)
- Improvements to Swing User Interface (it's a bit on the Ugly
side right now)
- Write some decent documentation (installation, etc)
- Interface to video recording and playback software
- Recording scheduling system
- Copy the .war file from the tvshow-server download into your
web servers application deployment directory (ie, tomcat/webapps)
- Launch the client application with the command java -jar TVShowViewer.jar
- XMLTV - Wonderful
project for downloading TV Listings, and placing them in a standard XML format.
Without this, the tvshow project would not be possible
- Apache AXIS - Standard
Web Services stack (SOAP, WSDL)
- Apache Xerces/Xalan XML Tools
- XML Tools that are so good... Sun integrated them in Java 1.4!
- Java - The Source for the
Java VM, and other news related to the platform
- Blackdown Java Port -
Highly-reliable ports of the JDK/JRE to alternative architectures (Linux
i386, PPC, etc)